In 2014 Dan Pabon was elected to his third term in the Colorado State House representing the community he grew up in, Northwest Denver. He is a respected member of the House Leadership and is responsible for a number of signature bills supporting business growth, education and innovation. Representative Pabon has championed innovative and thoughtful legislation including:
- First in the nation to legalize ride-sharing services.
- Allow equity crowdfunding in Colorado.
- Expanded voting rights.
- Enhanced consumer protections for senior citizens.
- Providing equal access to quality education for all Coloradans.
- Legalizing same sex marriage.
- Increasing transparency and efficiency in government.
He has served on Appropriations, Finance, Judiciary, Redistricting and Amendment 64 Committees. Currently he serves on the Finance and Business Affairs Committees and serves as Speaker Pro Tempore of the House.
Representative Pabon has been recognized as a rising star by MSNBC, received the People’s Choice Legislator Award from Colorado Law Week, named a Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyer magazine, awarded Democrat of the Year by the Denver Democratic Party, and he was invited to be a member of President Barack Obama’s transition team in 2008.
Representative Pabon is a graduate of the University of Colorado, where he received his degree in mechanical engineering and later his law degree. He and his wife Heather have three children, Maria, Arica and Alec.